County Durham businesses are being offered the chance to explore the Irish market as part of a free trade mission to Dublin.
If you are new to exporting or occasionally trade internationally Dublin is an excellent place to familiarise yourself with the Irish market before fully committing to exporting.
The Business Durham and Department for International Trade (DIT) organised trade mission is open to all companies and provides an opportunity to test a more strategic way of securing business. Ireland is the UK’s largest export market in food and drink, and second largest market in clothing, fashion and footwear. Trade in other sectors continues to grow. Two way trade stands over EUR 1 billion per week. Ireland is an ideal first step market for UK companies.
Benefits for UK businesses exporting to Ireland include:
- English speaking
- Same time zone
- Strong transport links
- Similar regulatory and legal framework
- Ideal starter or test export market
- Sophisticated consumer market
- Open economy, used to imports
- Good perception of the quality of British goods and services
Strengths of the Irish market include:
- Strong bilateral trade between the 2 countries
- Strong economic environment
- Flexibility and range of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) representing 99.8% of active enterprises in Ireland
- 3 million British tourists visit Ireland every year
- Highly educated workforce
This intensive support programme is entirely free of charge – at market prices we estimate its value to be at least £5,000. All elements of the programme need to be undertaken by the business in order to attend the trade mission. Please note applications will be vetted prior to your place being confirmed. Register your interest by Friday 15 September to ensure you are considered for the programme.
Dublin group visit travel arrangements:
Outbound flight: Tuesday, November 28. Return flight: Thursday, November 30.
For more information or to register your interest contact the North East team on 0345 136 0169 or email email@example.com.